Technical Sales Specialist
Harvest Tec (HT) is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and products that enable our clients to produce high quality alfalfa and forage. Our team members work on projects to help our clients improve yields and optimize baling times. To support our continued growth, we are seeking a full-time Technical Sales Specialist. The successful candidate is expected to perform hands-on work in managing sales and business development in the Western United States. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for interacting directly with our customers via equipment demonstrations, product training, presentations, and application support for new and existing equipment. This is a remote position.
Due to the nature and the variety of activities, we seek a diligent, dedicated, and meticulous person. The successful candidate must plan his/her work to meet commitments and goals, keep multiple records, be self-motivated, coordinate work with others in a team environment, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership.
- Develop territory sales plan for the Harvest Tec Dew Simulator system (HTDS) and individual sales plans for specific clients.
- Conduct: equipment demo trials, product training, open houses, Hay Days, etc. to demonstrate the functionality and benefits of the HTDS.
- Prepare Equipment sales proposals and track progress from quote stage to Customer Order Define, track, and drive key performance indicators to achieve financial goals as defined by company leadership.
- Over 7 years of working in the hay and forage industry
- Demonstrated experience selling agriculture equipment
- Strong knowledge of the Western United States Alfalfa industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works near moving mechanical parts and be in outdoor weather conditions.
- Regularly stands, walks; sits; uses hands; reaches with hands and arms, climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 100 pounds
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
This position will have a base salary plus commission on equipment sales based on the achievement of defined financial targets.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Harvest Tec is a manufacturer of attachments for the hay implement industry, marketing products through the four major manufacturers of hay harvesting implements world-wide. The company has experienced growth from recent development efforts and is aggressively developing additional new products. Operations are centered in a manufacturing facility in the suburban area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. The small company environment offers job autonomy, an opportunity to be involved in total product development, and a significant opportunity for growth in job responsibility and financial reward.
40% support of electronic hardware and firmware components/systems development
20% coordination and over-sight of contract software engineering efforts
20% lab testing/validation of electronic designs, mechanical components, and systems
10% field validation of components/systems
10% mechanical design of components/systems
1. Degree in Agricultural Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering Technology, or
2. Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or related field with some related experience (part time and farm background considered)
3. Willingness to travel for field test
1. Competitive salary for this full time position
2. Complete benefit package including fully paid health and dental insurance for the employee and partial coverage for dependents, paid vacation and holidays, pension and profit sharing.
Kurt Stehr, General Manager